Thursday, December 4, 2014

Passion Project Update #2

I've missed a few of the passion project days, so right now my progress hasn't been too great.

I'm doing some more research on different things associated with the fantasy genre, as well as some "real" fantasy things such as modern witchcraft and how these things "work." I am trying to look deeper into the world of the extraordinary by seeing how they may have emerged from things that we see in the real world as we know it.

The entire project, I've been trying to define the word "fantasy" as more than just "things that aren't real." I think that I've finally settled on a reasonable definition:

"things that have not yet been seen, and possibly may never be seen"

This is a very simple definition, but I think that one of the most important things I've learned in this project is that fantasy is not limited to the things that aren't real. Even though I don't genuinely believe in fairies, dragons, etc., if you eliminate the possibilities, there's no point to writing about them. The technology that we have today was fantasy at one point. the future could hold even bigger possibilities.

So to conclude my project, I'll be doing some more research and analysis and creating a presentation about my topic. And I just don't know how to end this so here's a picture of a really happy watermelon:

No comments:

Post a Comment