Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Return!

Dear Blog,

It's been a while since we've chatted, hasn't it?

Well, things are off to a pretty good start in eighth grade, though I can't seem to get over the whole "eighth grade" thing. Strange, right? Especially with our schooling system, because you go to middle school for only two years. In seventh grade, it's your first year. In eighth, you're graduating!

The year of 2013-14 has really been different for me in comparison to the year of 2012-13. I thought that it would be generally the same because I'm on the top floor again and I thought upstairs in the seventh grade halls would be similar to the eighth grade halls as far as the kids on each team. Dreamcatchers would be the same as Achieve.

The first few weeks, I realized that the portrait I saw every day was the same as the one that I had seen when I walked downstairs last year, but painted on a different canvas. There were actually more people that I didn't know very well from last year than people whom I was familiar with. Which meant that I was going to have to make some adjustments.

Now, we've gotten used to the new school year, and I wind up having conversations with people from cheerleaders to kids in the chess club. And I still see my friends from last year pretty often as well. So in the long run, I'm having a good time.

A good thing that has happened this year is that I became an uncle! My sister had a baby boy just this October, and his name is Timothy Patrick. Picture:



My family is extremely excited about this!

Another thing that I'm looking forward to is.....

NANOWRIMO 2013!!!
If you haven't heard of this, it stands for National Novel Writing Month, and as a writer, it is my duty to partake in this. I completed it last year and can't wait. 

Basically, you have to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November, and no, it doesn't have to be a good novel. I really can't wait, because last year I finished, and since this is my second time around, I'll be more prepared for the challenges that came last year such as: Thanksgiving, my church's Fall retreat, and Marching Band. You really need every second. 

I hope that someone here may be inspired to NaNo with me, but if not....it's okay.


That's all, folks!

Sincerely,
Charles







No comments:

Post a Comment